Saturday, January 17, 2009

A New Year, And a New Goal

I'm astounded by my fundrasing success. By Christmas I had met my goal ($6000), and now I have almost $8500! I can't believe how generous and encouraging everyone has been. Now I have a new goal: $10,000. It sounds like a huge number, but I think it's doable. It's exciting to have already reached my minimum, so I can focus on my training.

We are halfway through our training! We just got the rest of the schedule, and it's pretty intense. Today we did a brick workout of a 1 hour bike and then a 4 mile run. And it just goes up from here. I'm going to be out of town in two weeks when we do a twenty-mile ride, so I'm going to have to find time during the week to do that. I've never ridden more than 14 miles, so that should be exciting (and...um...tiring!)

I'm fighting a cold right now. I'll keep you posted on who wins!

No comments: